Thursday, February 26, 2009

the amazing escape artist hamster

So our little family pet hamster ( I can't have a dog yet, so I have to have something!) named Evee, short for evil Canieval (sp?) because she has no fear and will jump off almost anything has lived happily with us for about a year. I usually have the lid off the cage becasue she has never been able to get out and its just easier to get to her and play with her that way. However, the other day I was doing dishes and turned around, and there was my hamster scampering around on the floor. needless to say I was rather surprised and have had the lid on ever since, but the next day I took it off and got the camera, and managed to catch on film exactly how she had done it, I was amazed!

5 comments:

Krista Eger said...

...somehow this reminds me a LOT of Nate!!!!!! Soon you will be taping Jefferson figuring out new things like this. For example, the other day Phil walked into our room for a few minutes and Nate was up on the couch....and then one time he was on the other side of the couches in the corner, I don't know if you remember where his exersaucer was, well he was on the other side of that. We couldn't figure out how he got there because it is completely closed off, then we watched him crawl under his exersaucer (he figured out how to duck his head and everything!) Now he does it all of the time. Oh and one time he was in his room with the door shut and he comes crawling out....we were SO confused! Till we realized there was a towel on the door and he would pull on it and it turned the knob! Its so funny!

Cynda Min said...

That killed me!!! although her tiny little rodent feet creeped me out a little. I think I have a problem...I wonder if there's an official name for the fear of tiny, creepy rodent feet? Anyway, I have it.

Thomas Family said...

rodentfeetphobia perhaps?

Jamie said...

That was cute!

The Karonys said...

Hey, who said you could have a pet, Mic-ayla?!!?!

background