Sunday, March 22, 2009

our Miracle has arrived!!

On Wednesday March 18, 2009 Jefferson Michael Thomas entered the world at 6:42pm. we are so excited to have him as an addition to our family! I was surprised how fast it went! I was in labor for about 6 hours and I only had to push for about 5 minutes. my doctor cheated a little, Jefferson was posterior ( his face was the wrong direction) so he used forceps to flip him over and pull him a little into the birth canal, but he has no marks from the forceps because we have an awesome doctor. Both Michael and I could not stop grinning, it seems almost unreal that this little baby could actually be ours:) but there is no doubt because he looks just like his daddy! he was 8 lbs 4 oz and 21 inches long, so he was a big baby, but not as big as I was expecting! we were in the hospital for a couple of days spending quality time recovering and loving our new little baby. we came home Friday and found out Saturday that he has some jaundice and has to be in a Biliruben bed, so that has been a bit of a challenge because he has to stay in it all the time except to feed and change diapers, but hopefully that will only be needed for a couple of days. my mom has been here for the weekend and has been a huge help with everything and I am so greatful! Our little baby is amazing and its incredible to me how much I love this little boy that I have only known for 4 days! if you want to see more pictures of him click on his picture in this link or I have the link on the side all updated, have fun, he is adorable!!!!!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow Annie! Congratulations! It's great to see all the pictures, he's very cute! And your haircut looks very motherly! LOL

Jamie said...

Congradulations Annie and Mike! I was wondering if your due date was coming up. He is so adorable! I am glad that your labor was short and that everything is okay!

Krista Eger said...

Ok so I've never gone home with a baby at the hospital so I don't know how the home bili beds work, but usually babies are on them for only like 24 hours. He might be off them by the time you get this! haha! So when can I come snuggle him again?

Thomas Family said...

you are welcome to come down anytime! his level has come down a couple of points so hopefully today or tomorrow he will be able be out of it!

Cynda Min said...

AAAWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!He is so freakin' cute Annie, and he does look a lot like Mike, I think K.J. will look like Kualii a lot too. Both my baby nieces had to be nder the bili lights too, it's a pain, but It'll be over soon:) Let's hope little Jefferson's buddy K.J. decides to come out and play SOON!!!

CJ said...

Hey Annie! This is my blog! I'm going to add your blog to my list so I don't feel like a stocker.lol

background